Rights and Permissions
Welcome to the Permissions page for the National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE).
Copyright: All materials published on this site (including but not limited to images, text, illustrations, and audio clips) are protected by copyright laws of the United States or other jurisdictions and are owned or controlled by NCGE. The materials are provided solely for the personal, noncommercial use of registered and nonregistered users of the NCGE website.
- All educators may reproduce up to five copies of an NCGE article or book chapter for personal use only. This does not include display or promotional use.
- All educators may reproduce and e-mail an NCGE article or book chapter in their possession to as many as five individuals for personal use only. This does not include promotional use.
- Elementary, middle, and high school teachers, as well as educators in a university setting, may reproduce an article from a single issue of an NCGE book for one-time classroom or noncommercial, professional-development use only.
- E-book buyers may download files to multiple personal devices but are prohibited from posting the files to third-party servers or websites, or from passing files to nonbuyers.
For all other uses, see below to request permission for the following items:
- Republish or use articles in journals, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, dissertations, textbooks, trade books, CD-ROMs, and DVDs;
- Make more than five photocopies for internal use within an organization, company, or university setting;
- Post articles on a company or organization intranet or extranet;
- Distribute more than five copies of an article via e-mail;
NCGE has established specific conditions under which it will grant permission to reuse content from the NCGE website, NCGE journals, and NCGE books. To request permission for approved uses and to pay the associated fees, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further copying, distribution, commercial use, or non-personal use of the images, texts, programs, or other materials found in this site, without the express written consent of NCGE, is strictly prohibited.
Other uses of NCGE content
NCGE reserves the right to refuse any requests for permission to republish NCGE material for any reason. We generally do not give permission for:
- Sales, marketing, or promotion, including communications to current or potential customers;
- Commercial purposes.
NCGE does not allow the use of our logos or graphics without permission.
For other kinds of requests, please e-mail email@example.com
Linking to NCGE
You generally do not need permission to post a text link to the NCGE website. We reserve the right, however, to revoke permission at any time for such text links. NCGE does not allow framing of its web content.