WE ARE GEOGRAPHY EDUCATION! WE ARE YOUR COMMUNITY! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Whether you’re already a NCGE Legacy Society member, have donated to an NCGE fund in the past, or just beginning to explore giving options, we invite you to find out how you can ensure that NCGE is here for another 100 years supporting and promoting geography education.
Gift options such as the ones listed below may enable you to make a more significant gift than you ever thought possible. In addition, our planned giving strategies can help you build a meaningful legacy that will provide crucial support to geographic education for generations to come.
Continue reading below and then contact the NCGE staff to explore the impact your gift could have on the future of geography education.
OPTIONS FOR SUPPORTING NCGE:
BEQUEST THROUGH ESTATES, WILLS & TRUSTS:
- Many members have created wills, estates or trusts that include NCGE as a beneficiary. This is a wonderful way to support NCGE and if you already have an existing estate, will or trust, it can also be a simple process to include us.
GIFTS OF LIFE INSURANCE:
For many of us, the best option to give to NCGE involves a new or existing life insurance policy. You might not be able to give $25,000 during your lifetime but through a life insurance policy, a gift of this amount or even larger is possible.
- If you currently have an existing life insurance policy listing NCGE as a beneficiary can be as simple as contacting your life insurance provider and informing them of your decision. Your future gift could be a percentage of the face value of the policy or even a straight dollar amount. For individuals with large polices (%500K+) this is a great option.
- For individuals with small or secondary life insurance polices that are already paid up, signing that policy over to NCGE, making NCGE both the owner of the policy and the sole beneficiary, does not just support NCGE in the future, but if the policy has cash value, you can claim the cash value as a tax deduction in the year you make the contribution.
- For individuals who have a policy on which they are still paying premiums, they can also sign their policy over to NCGE. In this case, NCGE would own the policy and be the beneficiary, and the individual would continue to pay the premiums, but now those premiums would be tax deductible.
- For individuals currently employed, they could list NCGE as a beneficiary on the group life policy provided by their employer. While this might not be the best option for those nearing retirement, for many younger individuals who don’t consider their employer group life insurance policy as their main policy, it can be a great way to give.
- In addition an individual could purchase an inexpensive term life insurance policy making NCGE the owner of the policy and the sole beneficiary. Premiums are paid by the member and are entirely tax deductible. For our younger members the premiums could be under $20/mo for a $100K policy.
IRA DIRECT TRANSFER GIFT:
- IRA owners age 70.5 or older can make a direct transfer gift, tax free, up to $100,000/ per year to eligible 501(c)3 organizations, such as NCGE.
ONE TIME CASH OR CREDIT GIFTS:
- Contributions can also be made on the NCGE website. These gifts are accepted 24/7, 365 days a year and can be for any amount from $1.00 to $100,000. These donations are also tax deductible. You can pay online with a credit or debit card. You can also mail NCGE a check for your gift amount. Please do not send cash. Our mailing address can be found on the 'Contact Page' of this website. Click here to make your donation in the NCGE online store now.
NCGE LEGACY SOCIETY FOUNDING MEMBER:
- During our centennial celebration year you can still become a founding member of the NCGE Legacy Society. The minimum cost to join is $1000. As a founding member, you will be listed on all future NCGE Legacy Society materials as one of the leaders in the geography education community. Click here to download the Legacy Society Letter of Commitment.
CONTACT THE NCGE STAFF:
Please contact the NCGE staff to learn more about how to include us in your future plans. If you have already included NCGE in your estate, will, or trust; have us listed on your life insurance policy please also contact the NCGE staff to make sure that we list you an a member of the NCGE Legacy Society. Click here to contact the NCGE Staff.