Who Is NCGE?
The National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE) is the only national organization that supports geography teaching at all levels. We are committed to ensuring that all students graduate with the knowledge and perspective to be engaged and responsible global citizens.
Why Join NCGE?
NCGE is committed to providing educators like you with the resources and support you need for your students’ success. Benefits of becoming an NCGE member include:
- Teacher Resources: Includes access to online lesson plans and weekly APHG Bell Ringers.
- Professional Development: Workshops and GIS trainings, national events, webinars, and international learning experiences.
- Annual Conference: An annual event that provides opportunities for teachers at all levels to exchange new ideas and teaching strategies with colleagues from around the world.
- Networking Opportunities: NCGE members join a national community of educators with members in all 50 states and 86 foreign countries.
- Awards & Recognition: Awards are given each year for K-12 teaching, research, and service.
- Journals: Members receive free subscriptions to The Journal of Geography and The Geography Teacher, as well as access to our digital archive dating back to 1897.