CALL FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS
National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE) invites you to submit a proposal to present at our 2021 Annual Conference
Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (EST) July 30, 2021
Once again co-located with NCSS, this gathering of K-12 geography teachers, college and university faculty members, curriculum designers and specialists, district and state social studies supervisors, international educators, and social studies discipline leaders offers the opportunity to:
- Network with geography teachers, professionals, and colleagues
- Attend over 100+ sessions to increase your professional learning
- Get the latest in geography and studies education
Elements of Great Proposal Submission
- Understand the audience
- Have a specific session type
- Have a topic focus
- Target an audience
- Be adaptable to a virtual environment
- Provide at a minimum, one attendee take-away (physical hand-outs and/or digitally accessible).
Selecting Your Session Type
Choose the format that fits your presentation style:
- Session: A 60-minutes traditional.
- Power Session: A 30-minute session that is a short presentation on a topic, resource, or tool.
- Workshop: Workshops take place on the Sunday afternoon of the conference and are two hours in length. Workshops should include in-depth learning and exploration.
- Off-Site Feild Exploration: These Feild explorations should take place at a local site but can be a half-day or full day. There should be a significant rationale for holding the field trip off-site and each clinic should include in-depth learning and exploration.
- Poster Presentations
The Proposal and Review Process
Please note that presentation slots are limited. For this reason, presenters may not appear on the program in more than two presentations. All proposals will be reviewed blind (with no names attached) and scored by multiple reviewers. The Review Committee will make its selection from the top-ranked proposals. If you have additional questions and answers not found in the Call for Proposals Submission Guide, please email your questions to email@example.com.
If you are selected as a presenter, you will be required to register for the conference by September 30, 2021. While we wish would could help defray the costs of presenters, NCGE does not reimburse conference presenters for travel or hotel expenses.
Creating Presentation Materials and Choosing Audio-Visual Equipment
As a selected presenter, you will be responsible for providing any materials for use or distribution in your presentation. We ask that each presentation provides at a minimum, one attendee take-away (physical hand-outs and/or digitally accessible). The costs of basic presentation A/V equipment (projector/screen, microphone) will be covered by NCGE. If your proposal is accepted, NCGE will confirm your audiovisual needs submitted in the proposal form.
Commercial solicitation is prohibited at all presentations. If you are representing a commercial interest, your presentation must be educational in nature. If the essential purpose of a proposal is to promote books, materials, or services for sale, it will not be accepted. It will be considered an informational session.
Receiving Notification You Have Been Selected to Present
Acceptance/rejection notification will be sent via email to the primary presenters the week of August 16, 2021. It is the primary presenter’s responsibility to relay that information to all co-presenters. If you do not receive notice by August 23, 2021, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Scheduling information will be sent to all participants by September 17, 2021.
All presenters must be NCGE members in good standing. Click here for information on how to become a member today.