This in-person gathering of K-12 geography teachers, college and university faculty members, curriculum designers and specialists, district and state supervisors, international educators, and geographic discipline leaders offers the opportunity to:
- Connect with geography teachers, professionals, and colleagues
- Attend engaging geographic education-focused sessions to increase your professional learning
- Get the newest geographic tools and ideas to incorporate into the classroom and share with colleagues
CALL FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE) invites you to submit a proposal to present at our 2022 Annual Conference
Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (EST) April 30, 2022
Elements of Great Proposal Submission
- Understand the audience
- Have a specific session type
- Have a topic focus
- Target an audience
- Be adaptable to a virtual environment
- Provide at a minimum, one attendee take-away (physical hand-outs and/or digitally accessible).
Choose the format that fits your presentation style:
- Session: A 60-minutes traditional.
- Power Session: A 30-minute session that is a short presentation on a topic, resource, or tool.
- Workshop: Workshops take place on the Sunday afternoon of the conference and are two hours in length. Workshops should include in-depth learning and exploration.
Please note that presentation slots are limited. For this reason, presenters may not appear on the program in more than two presentations. All proposals will be reviewed blind (with no names attached) and scored by multiple reviewers. The Review Committee will make its selection from the top-ranked proposals. If you have additional questions and answers not found in the Call for Proposals Submission Guide, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selected as a presenter, you will be required to register for the conference by September 5, 2022. While we wish would could help defray the costs of presenters, NCGE does not reimburse conference presenters for travel or hotel expenses.
As a selected presenter, you will be responsible for providing any materials for use or distribution in your presentation. We ask that each presentation provides at a minimum, one attendee take-away (physical hand-outs and/or digitally accessible). The costs of basic presentation A/V equipment (projector/screen, microphone) will be covered by NCGE. If your proposal is accepted, NCGE will confirm your audiovisual needs submitted in the proposal form.
Commercial solicitation is prohibited at all presentations. If you are representing a commercial interest, your presentation must be educational in nature. If the essential purpose of a proposal is to promote books, materials, or services for sale, it will not be accepted. It will be considered an informational session.
Acceptance/rejection notification will be sent via email to the primary presenters in the first part of June 2022. It is the primary presenter’s responsibility to relay that information to all co-presenters. If you do not receive notice by June 30, 2022, please contact email@example.com. Scheduling information will be sent to all participants by August 1, 2022.
All presenters must be NCGE members in good standing. Click here for information on how to become a member today.