NCGE maintains its website as a service to the geography education community. Access to and use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws. NCGE may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting.
NCGE makes no warranties or representations about any non-NCGE content. NCGE has no control over links made to other websites by third parties. When you access a non-NCGE website, please understand that it is independent from NCGE. NCGE cannot monitor or review the content of all websites and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such off-site pages.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF POSTING SUBMISSIONS TO NCGE WEBSITE
- You are responsible for what you post. All video, photographs, comments, reviews and/or blog entries submitted to NCGE for posting are the sole responsibility of their submitter and the submitter will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel, litigation or claims that result from the submitter’s content, video, photograph, comments, reviews and/or postings, submissions to NCGE, and/or something spoken and/or written in or as a direct result of something spoken and/or written in a comment and/or posting of any kind.
- NCGE requests that you do not post anything that could be offensive to others. You may not post or submit to NCGE for posting content that you do not have rights to and that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that violates any other applicable local, state, federal or international law, or is otherwise inappropriate. Furthermore, you may not post or submit to NCGE for posting content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification. NCGE reserves the right to remove any and all postings and reject submissions that are found to be offensive and/or that do not comply with the terms and conditions of this website. NCGE also reserves the right to terminate access to its social media, blog(s), and/or websites or take other protective steps as it deems necessary in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Posting of writings, photographs / videos. You may only post or submit to NCGE for posting writings, photographs and/or videos of content that you have created and have full rights to, are in the public domain, or are cleared for non-commercial posting and sharing. NCGE reserves the right to remove any and/or all writings, photographs and/or videos and reject submissions that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Ownership and confidentiality of information. You may only post or submit to NCGE for posting content in accordance with, and not in violation of, applicable trademark, trade name, trade dress, trade secret, service mark, copyright, patent, right of privacy, and other intellectual property laws. You further certify that the content you post or submit to NCGE for posting will not infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights of any other party. Anything you post to or submit to NCGE for posting is provided by you on a NON-CONFIDENTIAL BASIS, and NCGE has no obligation to keep such information confidential, refrain from using such information, or to compensate you for the receipt or use of such information. NCGE is free to use the content for any purpose whatsoever. You hereby RELEASE NCGE from any liability under any legal theory in connection with the use, modification, sale or disclosure of any content. Please remember that any content that you disclose on our website may appear publicly on the website, and may be viewed by other visitors to the website. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- No posting of harmful content. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit information that contain harmful content, including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, spy-ware, or any other files, software programs, or technology that is designed or intended to disrupt, interrupt, damage, destroy, intercept, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise perform a malicious action.
- You License to NCGE. By using this website and posting any content or submitting any content to NCGE for posting you: (i) grant to NCGE a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and unrestricted license to copy, reproduce, adapt, transmit, edit, modify, or otherwise use, publicly display, distribute, translate and create compilations and derivative works from, any and all content (in any format or media) that you post on, upload or otherwise submit to or through, the website; and (ii) waive all moral rights in and to all content or information that you post on, upload or otherwise submit to or through, the website in favor of NCGE. For greater certainty, this means that, among other things, NCGE has the right to use any and all ideas you submit (including ideas about our products, services, publications or advertising campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any notice or obligation to you whatsoever.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
You agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any communications or content of any type that infringe or violate any rights of any party. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any material available via this site infringes a copyright, you should notify NCGE directly at firstname.lastname@example.org using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(2) (“DCMA”). Upon NCGE’s receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under DCMA, NCGE will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures of the DCMA. NCGE’s Designated Agent to whom you should address infringement notices under the DCMA is:
Service Provider: NCGE
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Communications Coordinator
Full Address of Designated Agent to which Notification Should be Sent: 8555 16th Street, Suite 500, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: (833) 465-6243
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
a. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
b. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing with enough detail so that NCGE may locate the material;
c. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
d. A statement by you declaring under penalty or perjury that: (1) the information in the notification is accurate; (2) that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
e. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; and
f. Your physical or electronic signature.